始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 71033 同学完成了练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Hello, West Bay Hotel. Can I help you?

您好,这里是西岸宾馆。有什么可以帮您?

2 .Oh, good morning. I'm ringing about your advertisement in the Evening Gazette.

噢,早上好。我是想问一问你们在晚报上的广告。

3 .Is that the one for temporary staff?

是临时员工招聘的那个吗?

4 .That's right.

是的。

5 .Yes. I'm afraid the person who's dealing with that isn't in today, but can give you the main details if you like.

好的,负责这件事情的人今天不在,不过如果您愿意的话您可以跟我说。

6 .Yes please. Could you tell me what kind of staff you are looking for?

好的,谢谢。您能不能告诉我你们在招什么样的员工呢?

7 .We're looking for waiters at the moment.

我们目前在招的是服务员。

8 .There was one post for a cook, but that's already been taken.

之前有一个厨师的岗位,不过已经有人应聘了。

9 .Oh right. Erm, what are the hours of work?

好的。嗯,工作时长是多少呢?

10 .There are two different shifts - there's a day shift from 7 to 2 and a late shift from 4 till 11.

我们这儿是两班倒。日班是早7点到下午2点,夜班是下午4点到晚上11点。

11 .And can people choose which one they want to do?

这个可以选吗?

12 .Not normally, because everyone would choose the day shift I suppose.

一般是不能选的,不然估计大家都会选日班吧。

13 .You alternate from one week to another.

我们每周轮换一次。

14 .Okay. I'm just writing all this down. What about time off?

好的,我把这些记下来。那休息呢?

15 .You get one day off and I think you can negotiate which one you want, it's more or less up to you.

我们一周休一天,你可以协商具体休哪天,这基本按照你的意愿。

16 .But it has to be the same one every week.

但你每周都得休同一天。

17 .Do you know what the rates of pay are?

您知道薪酬的情况吗?

18 .Yes, I've got them here, You get £5.50 an hour, and that includes a break.

我这里有。一小时5.5英镑,中间还包括一个短休息。

19 .Do I have to go home to eat or...

我是得回家吃饭还是……

20 .You don't have to. You can get a meal in the hotel if you want to, and here's no charge for it so you might as well.

不需要。 如果愿意的话你可以在酒店吃,是免费的。

21 .Oh good. Yes, so let's see. I'd get er, two hundred and twenty one, no,two hundred and thirty one pounds a week?

噢,太好了。 这样算一下的话我一周应该能拿到两百二十一,不对,两百三十一英镑对吗?

22 .You'd also get tips - our guests tend to be quite generous.

还有小费呢。我们这儿的顾客一般都比较大方。

第二段

1 .Erm, is there a uniform? What about clothes?

呃,那衣着方面呢?需要穿工服吗?

2 .Yes, I forgot to mention that. You need to wear a white shirt, just a plain one, and dark trousers.

是的,我忘了说了。你需要穿白衬衫,没有花纹的那种,然后黑裤子。

3 .You know, not green or anything like that. And we don't supply those.

不要绿色或其他颜色的。这些我们都不提供。

4 .That's okay, I've got trousers, I'd just have to buy a couple of shirts.

没问题,我有黑裤子,我只需要买几件衬衣就好了。

5 .What about anything else? Do I need a waistcoat or anything?

其他的呢? 我需要穿马甲吗?

6 .You have to wear a jacket, but the hotel lends you that.

你要穿夹克。酒店会借给你。

7 .I see. Er, one last thing - I don't know what the starting date is.

知道了。呃,最后一件事情,工作什么时候开始呢?

8 .Just a minute, I think it's some time around the end of June. Yes, the 28th, in time for the summer.

稍等一下,我记得大概是在6月底。对了,6月28号,赶在夏天前。

9 .That's great. I'm available from the 10th.

太好了,我10号之后都可以。

10 .Oh good. Well, if you can call again you need to speak to the Service Manager.

好的。您需要再打电话过来和客服经理谈一下。

11 .Her name's Jane Urwin, that's U-R-W-I-N, and she'll probably arrange to meet you.

她的名字叫简埃尔文,是U-R-W-I-N,她应该会安排一次面试。

12 .Okay. And when's the best time to ring?

好的。什么时候打电话比较方便呢?

13 .Could you call tomorrow? Urn, she usually starts checking the rooms at midday, so before then if you can, so she'll have more time to chat.

明天行吗?她一般中午开始查房,所以如果您赶在那之前打电话,她应该会更有时间聊。

14 .I'll just give you her number because she's got a direct line.

明天行吗?她一般中午开始查房,所以如果您赶在那之前打电话,她应该会更有时间聊。

15 .Thanks.

谢谢。

16 .It's 832 double-0 9.

号码是832009.

17 .823 double-0 9?

是823009吗?

18 .832.

832.

19 .Oh, okay. Yes, I'll do that.

噢,好的。我明天会打电话。

20 .And by the way, she will ask you for a reference, so you might like to be thinking about that.

顺便说一下,她会要你提供一个推荐人,所以你最好琢磨琢磨。

21 .You know, just someone who knows you and can vouch for you.

就是认识你然后能为你担保的人。

22 .Yes, no problem. Well, thanks very much for your help.

好的,没问题。太感谢了!

23 .You're welcome. Bye.

不客气。再见。

24 .Bye.

再见。