原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Lucy, we really need to get working on this marketing assignment.
露西,我们得赶紧弄这个市场营销课的作业了。
2 .We've only got five weeks left to the end of term to design it, carry it out, and then write up the results.
期末前我们只剩下5周时间来设计、实施然后还要把结论写出来。
第二段
1 .Sure.
是啊。
2 .Well, let's get started right now.
是啊,我们现在就开始吧
3 .Let's go over the instructions.
先来看看作业说明。
4 .What exactly do we have to do?
我们具体都要做些什么?
第三段
1 .Well, it says here we have to look at one area of the entertainment industry.
是这样的,上面说我们需要研究娱乐产业的一个部分,
2 .There's a list of the different types.
这有一个不同类别的清单。
第四段
1 .What are they?
都有哪些呢?
第五段
1 .Music, cinema, theatre, sport, and eating out.
音乐,电影院,剧院,体育还有外出就餐。
第六段
1 .Is that all?
没了吗?
第七段
1 .Looks like it.
看上去就这些了。
第八段
1 .So we choose one branch of the industry and then we look at how two different groups of people use it?
就是说我们要选则这些产业的一个分支,然后再找两个不同的人群来看看他们在应用上的不同之处,
2 .Is that right?
对吧?
第九段
1 .Yes.
是的。
第十段
1 .And do we have to use any particular method to get our data?
我们收集数据的话需要用什么特定的方法吗?
2 .Can we mail out a questionnaire, or do face - to - face interviews, or maybe even observations?
我们是应该把调查问卷寄出去,还是做面对面的采访,还是说我们需要去做观察?
第十一段
1 .Well actually, it looks like we don't have a choice.
事实上我们没有太多的选择余地,
2 .We have to do telephone interviews.
我们需要做电话采访。
第十二段
1 .OK, so at least we don't have to waste time deciding between the different methods.
好吧,至少我们不用浪费时间去决定到底用什么方法收集数据了。
第十三段
1 .Yeah, that's right.
嗯,是这么回事。
2 .Oh, and the other requirement is the number of interviewees.
然后另一个要求是受访者的数量问题。
第十四段
1 .Not too many, I hope.
希望不要太多啊,
2 .Ten?
10个?
3 .Twenty?
20个?
第十五段
1 .Well, we have to do two groups, remember, and it looks like we have to interview fifteen for each group.
是这样,我们要分两组,记得吗,看上去我们每组要采访15个人。
第十六段
1 .That's thirty altogether then.
那总共就是30个人,
2 .It's going to take ages.
要花好久时间啊。
第十七段
1 .Yes, but remember we're working on this together, so we'll only have to do fifteen each.
是的,不过我们是要一起来做这个事的,所以我们每个人只需要采访15个人。
第十八段
1 .OK, so those are all the requirements?
好吧,就这些要求了吗?
第一十九段
1 .Yes, looks like it.
嗯,看上去就这些了。
第二十段
1 .So, first, which area are we going to choose?
那么首先,我们要选什么领域呢?
2 .My preference would be cinema, since that's where I spend most of my money.
我倾向于选择电影院,因为电影院是我花钱最多的地方。
第二十一段
1 .Hmm, I don't think that's such a good idea.
我觉得这个主意不是特别好啊,
2 .I don't think there are huge differences in the market there.
我觉得就市场而言并没有特别大的区别。
3 .I mean you get young and old, male and female, rich and poor all going to the same movies.
我是说看电影的人包括年轻人和老人,男人和女人,富人和穷人都会去看同一部电影的。
第二十二段
1 .Yeah, maybe you're right.
好吧,你说的也对。
2 .Let's make it music then.
那我们选择音乐吧。
第二十三段
1 .Right.
好的。
2 .So, what two groups will we compare and contrast?
然后我们选那两个组别来进行对比对照呢?
第二十四段
1 .Male and female?
男性和女性?
第二十五段
1 .No.
不合适,
2 .Most of my female friends like the same music as me.
我的大部分女性朋友跟我喜欢的音乐是一样的。
3 .Different age groups would be much more likely to show up differences, I think.
我觉得不同的年龄组别更容易分出区别来。
第一段
1 .Yeah, I suppose you're right again.
倒也是,你说的都挺对的。
2 .I'll take some notes, shall I?
我来做些笔记,好吗?
3 .So...age Groups.
嗯,年龄组,
4 .Well.
嗯。
5 .What do you think?
你觉得什么年龄组别合适?
6 .Maybe twenty - five or under for one group, and forty - five or over for the other group?
25岁或以下一组,然后45岁或以上一组?
7 .That should show up differences.
这分组能展示区别。
第二段
1 .Right.
好的。
第三段
1 .OK.
好的。
2 .Next.
下一步。
3 .How about the kind of music they like - let's give them some choices and then we can just tick boxes.
他们都喜欢什么样的音乐,我们准备一些选项然后我们可以直接在上面打勾。
第四段
1 .OK.
好。
2 .Let's have pop, jazz, folk, easy listening...what else?
咱们选择流行音乐,爵士乐,民族乐,舒缓音乐……还有哪些?
第五段
1 .Well, we should include classical.
嗯,我们应该把古典音乐包含在内,
2 .Some people like it, you know.
有的人喜欢,你知道的。
第六段
1 .OK.
嗯嗯。
2 .OK.
嗯嗯。
3 .And then we should have how they listen to music.
然后我们还要包括人们听音乐的方式。
第七段
1 .The medium.
媒介,
2 .Right. Let's include radio, CD and then I guess there's TV.
对,包括广播,CD,然后我觉得还有电视。
第八段
1 .What about concerts?
音乐会怎样?
2 .You know, in pubs and halls.
对吧,酒吧和音乐厅。
第九段
1 .Oh yeah, we should include live music of course.
好的,我们确实应该包括现场音乐。
第十段
1 .OK, we're on a roll now!
好的,我们进展飞快!
2 .Next point could be about where they actually get their music.
然后下一个重点是人们在实际生活中都是如何得到他们的音乐的。
第十一段
1 .You mean like, do they buy it in music shops, or department stores?
你指的是人们从音像店买还是从百货商场买吗?
第十二段
1 .Yes, or download it from the Internet.
是的,或者从网上下载。
第十三段
1 .Right.
嗯。
2 .That could be for recorded music.
嗯,那应该属于音像制品了,
3 .Then we need another section for live music.
我们还需要一个现场音乐的部分,
4 .Where do they go for that?
人们都去哪听现场音乐呢?
第十四段
1 .OK.
嗯。
2 .Let's say disco, pub, club, concert hall...
比如迪斯科,酒吧,俱乐部,音乐厅……
第十五段
1 .Or opera house!
还有歌剧厅!
2 .And I guess we should include karaoke bars.
而且我觉得还应该包括卡拉OK吧。
第十六段
1 .Not many of them in this city!
咱们市里没有太多吧!
第十七段
1 .OK. We'll leave that out then.
好吧,那就把它排除在外吧,
2 .So, what's left to do?
然后我们还需要干嘛?
第十八段
1 .That's it.
就这些了,
2 .Well, now we can make a time - scale for doing it.
然后我们现在制定一个时间表来完成它。