原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Remind me, Trevor... how long is the presentation?
特雷弗……我们的陈述时间是多少来着?
2 .Dr White said three per hour.
怀特博士说每小时三场。
3 .So about twenty minutes?
所以是20分钟对吧?
4 .Well... it'll be fifteen minutes per presentation.
呃……陈述的时间是15分钟。
5 .And five minutes for questions.
剩下5分钟是提问环节。
6 .And is this one going to be assessed?
这部分也考核吗?
7 .No... not this time round... because it's the first one...you know.
不算……这次不算……因为这是第一次……你懂的。
8 .Good news.
太好了。
9 .Well, Trevor, what are we going to include?
对了,特雷弗,你打算讲什么呀?
10 .Well... Do you think we ought to give some historical background?
这个……你觉得我们要交待一下历史背景吗?
11 .Oh no... definitely not... we won't have time!
不用……当然不用……时间不够啊!
12 .OK... but I think we ought to say something about the geographical location... cos not a lot of people know where the islands are...
好的……但我觉得我们得交待一下地理位置……因为很多人根本不知道这个小岛在哪儿。
13 .Yes... OK... I'll take notes, shall I?
是的……好的……我记一下吧。
14 .Yeah, that'll be a help...
好呀,一会儿用得着的……
15 .So... geographical location...
好的……地理位置……
16 .Then we ought to give an overview of the whole education system.
然后我们要大致介绍一下那里的教育体系。
17 .Shouldn't we say something about the economy... you know agricultural produce... minerals and so forth?
我们要提到经济吗?……农业生产啊,矿产啊什么的?
18 .Well... Dr White said we shouldn't go into that sort of detail.
怀特博士说这类信息不用提。
19 .But it's pretty important when you think about it... you know because it does influence the education system...
但我觉得这个还挺重要的……因为经济会影响教育体系。
20 .Look... let's think about that one later shall we? Let's see how we're doing for time...
这样吧……我们一会儿再聊这个好吗?时间关系我们继续吧……
21 .OK... so...general overview of education.
好的……教育的大致介绍。
22 .Of course... and then the role of English language...
没错……然后是英语语言的地位……
23 .Nope... that goes in the Language Policy Seminar... don't you remember?
不对……你忘了吗,这个是放在语言政策研讨会里说得。
24 .Are you sure?
你确定吗?
25 .Positive.
我确定。
26 .All right... so those are the topics we're going to be... to be covering...
好的……我们就说这些话题。
第二段
1 .We need to think about what to prepare... Dr White said he wanted us to use plenty of visuals and things and we might as well try them out when we're not being assessed...
我们要想想怎么准备……怀特博士说他希望我们加上大量的视觉元素,所以在评估前我们可以多做些尝试。
2 .Well, the most important thing is the overhead projector...
嗯。最重要的是投影仪……
3 .No problem...we'll get that from the media room... must remember to book it...
没问题……记得在媒体室预定一台。
4 .Well... we'll need a map of course.
好的……我们还需要一张地图。
5 .Probably two... one of the islands... large scale.
要两张……一张是大比例的岛屿地图。
6 .And one of West Africa.
还要一张西非地图。
7 .Well, the West African one is no problem... There's one in the Resources Room.
嗯,西非地图没问题……资料室里面有一张。
8 .Oh yeah, of course, the resources room; the islands are going to be more of a problem.
噢,对啊,资料室;岛屿地图倒是个问题。
9 .Tell you what... there's a very clear map of Santiago in that tourist brochure I showed you last week. Don't you remember it?
上周我给你看的旅游宣传册上有一张很清晰的圣地亚哥地图。你还记得吗?
10 .Oh yeah... that's right; we can just use the tourist brochure.
噢,对呀……我们可以就用那份旅游宣传册。
11 .We also need statistics... on several different things.
我们还需要一些数据……好几个方面的。
12 .Literacy rates.
识字率是一个。
13 .Yes, and school places.
是的,还有学校分布。
14 .How about the encyclopaedia?
到百科全书上找吧。
15 .Nah... not up-to-date enough!
别啊……那上面信息太过时了。
16 .Mmm... why don't we call the embassy?
嗯……直接打电话给大使馆怎么样?
17 .Oh... someone's enthusiastic!
哈……你热情挺高呀!
18 .Well... if something's worth doing...
额……那得看值不值得做了……
19 .I know.., it's worth doing well... OK.
我懂啦……很值得做的。
20 .We can find out statistics on school places from them as well.
学校分布情况也可以问大使馆那边。
21 .Might as well.
没错。
22 .Look, Julie, it's almost time for our tutorials... we can meet again on Monday... but we need to prepare some stuff before then...
朱莉,差不多该去上辅导课了……我们周一再碰面聊吧……这之前我们得稍微做些准备……